Monday, March 12, 2012

Actually Using Your Frequent Flyer Miles

Yep, I did it. I used my airline miles. My checking account used to be linked to my American Airlines account and everytime I used the debit/credit card I earned miles. Well I saved and saved and saved until we decided we could go on vacation again. I then was able to use the miles to buy airplane tickets. And not only regular airplane tickets but first class airplane tickets...OOHHLALA (Irony is that AA stopped the card to mileage program right after I bought my tickets..bankruptcy will do that to an airline I suppose.)

Why first class instead of saving some for another trip? I decided that well we earned it. All of us. The entire family. Luxury. Pampering. Spoiling yourself. One in awhile it is a good thing, a really good thing.

So there we sat in first class. The bigger seats. They actually still feed you. There are electric ports at every seat so your computer doesn't run out of charge (major plus for this family). They even give you a blanket. Really a blanket and you don't have to pay extra for it. We are now spoiled travelers.

No nothing like this, not even close. However, this is American Airlines first class for overseas travel. Yep, new mileage goal. I think I will have to save until I am 120 years old though even for one seat, and by then I am sure the program will be canceled.



We also belong to the American Express point program. Guess what one day they were running a program on Apple computers. My laptop had just broken too. No I didn't break it inorder to get a new one, even though I hated the keyboard. It was simply a happy coincidence.

Because AE didn't have a special on the computer that  I wanted, they gave me the equivalent credit towards any Apple I would buy in the store. I was able to buy my laptop at 1/3 the price. It was a one time thing they said.  My laptop is by far the nicest accessory I have. Yes its an appendage. I admit it, I am obsessed.



Yes, I put everything on those cards not just food...doctor and therapy appointments too. But of course, make sure you can pay off the bill every month. If you can't its just a waste because you then pay interest on everything too, and can't earn more points/miles.

Let me tell you it is so much fun to use these points.

The moral of the story...join those damn programs and save the points. For years and years and years. You might as well get something out of spending every penny you have on every type of therapy and doctor known to man. I know everytime I use my laptop, especially to write, which is my therapy, I am so unabashedly happy.



Qi en Pace,



Elise





No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that are antisemitic, racist, misogynistic, uses foul language or are hateful will not be posted.