Saturday, March 31, 2012

Yes, I Can Dress Like a Grown-Up

Here I am at my nephew's bar mitzvah. (This is also the first time anyone on the internet has seen my face. Blurry as it is in the photo.) I am wearing that little black dress I bought, along with a matching pink sweater, opaque  black tights, my louboutin shoes and yes that is my hot pink handbag on the chair.



I am growing my hair into a little longer bob so it frames my face better and no I don't dye my hair and yes those are my natural curls. By the way it was 35 degrees and I was dressed for spring. I was freezing my tuchas off. There even were little flurries outside. Of course, I did not wear a coat, that would have ruined the entire look.

No, the bar mitzvah did not go well for the boys. Even with all the prep work and bribes. I ended up in the car with CM1 after about an hour. Then right after the Torah reading hubby and CM2 came out and we went home. We never did make it to the party. But that is a different post for a different blog.

On the other hand,  I did get to dress as a grown up for a few hours and even wore makeup. The last time I put on stockings was years ago at this bar mitzvah boy's sister's celebration. She is a graduating high school senior. So playing dress-up once every five years really isn't that bad I suppose.


Qi en Pace,



Elise




No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that are antisemitic, racist, misogynistic, uses foul language or are hateful will not be posted.