Monday, May 28, 2012

My New On-Line Favorite Store

Drugstore.com......

Yes, I know its been around forever... Sometimes I am late to the party but I do get there.

Just ordered my hard to get shampoo, and calcium pills. I will be ordering anything else we need in the future. No I don't do prescriptions by mail. Yes, I know it does come out cheaper if I did, but I prefer to have a little more handle on that part of my life. Plus I think its important to have a working relationship with the pharmacist who is responsible for your life or death medications.

OK yes, OTC medications can also be life or death but really its not close to the same things as heart, blood pressure, anti-anxiety, seizure and attention medications. And no amount of discussion will convince me otherwise. Don't even try.

Now the only draw back to this idea is that you must be on top of all the products you need because of the mailing-time-lag. So no its not a good plan for those who have severe executive functioning skills to rely only on drugstore.com. However, you could create a system for yourself to make sure that my new found  favorite website works out:
(1) When you get down to the next to last bag, box or pill sheet, order these items on line, or
(2) Keep a running list of the products you need and sit down one day a week and order everything.

Oh and they have drugstore bucks or savings discounts, aka "coupons," you can earn as long as you work through an account. I do like coupons, yes I do.No, not like those people on Extreme Couponing, but I do like when I don't have to pay full price for something I would have bought anyway.

In the meantime, I am really happy that I figured out another way that I don't have to actually go into a store to get what I need...yes the delivery charge adds to the cost of my healthcare but really the uptick is so minimal that it is worth it at this point...





Qi en Pace,



Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that are antisemitic, racist, misogynistic, uses foul language or are hateful will not be posted.