Friday, May 25, 2012

Watch Red Tails this Memorial Day

Yes another telling of the story of the Tuskeegee Airmen.  I did not see it in theaters but watched it on pay-per-view yesterday. It is well worth the two hours, believe me. It is important to remember, while there are those who refuse to fight for this nation today, how hard some fought to be able to defend their families, their homes and their country in time of war.



A part of me wanted to jump into a time machine in order to go back to that air base and tell these men, keep up the fight, the world will one day change. I wanted to let them know that there would be an African-American President of the United States and that their battle at home and abroad was worth every moment. And no I do not think all of our society's issues are now over by any means, but what our introspection shows is that we are capable of moving forward and becoming that shinning light upon the hill.


On Memorial Day remember those who gave their last full measure of devotion.




Qi en Pace,


Elise

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen Red Tails yet either! Lax in my movie watching here. The organization I work for has done quite a bit of documentary work on the Tuskegee Airmen that live in Nebraska. I'm posting a link to nebraskastudies.org that has photos and video (and lesson plans for the teachers!) of the Airmen as well a timeline history of WWII in Nebraska.

    http://nebraskastudies.org/0800/frameset_reset.html?http://nebraskastudies.org/0800/stories/0801_0605.html

    I grew up across the highway from the Navy ammunition plant near Hastings, so this is a part of history that I grew up with.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete

Any comments that are antisemitic, racist, misogynistic, uses foul language or are hateful will not be posted.