Sunday, June 17, 2012

HOMELAND

I spent the weekend glued to my TV set. I originally thought HOMELAND was going to be awful, mostly because I thought liberal-Hollywood would once again make the USA the cause of all the world's ills. Honestly, I simply wasn't in the mood for anti-American crap. However, I decided to give it a bit of a chance, basically because all my wedding dress shows were repeats and I didn't feel like doing chores. Now I'm hooked and I can't wait for season 2.

It's the story of a returning American Iraqi war veteran held prisoner by Islamists terrorists for eight years and the CIA agent who thinks he's been turned by al-Qaeda...Oh and it is anything but anti-American...






Yeah, its getting really interesting....its as if you are watching novels by Tom Clancy, Brad Thor, Vince Flynn, Daniel Silva, Nelson DeMille all rolled into one.

Qi en Pace,


Elise

2 comments:

  1. I used to watch TV a lot, but then, there's so much horror, espesially in the news that I thought it would be better for my health to unplug sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy and thanks for the comment. I agree with you there is too much horror on TV and we actually turn the news off alot. I also do not watch that much TV myself. I am very selective. This series however, is fun for those who like spy and espionage genre books and movies. It is not good for someone looking for "fun". It will leave you with alot of questions wondering just what may be happening in the real world too. So do not watch this if you get bothered by these issues too much. My younger son was actually forbidden from watching TV especially the news or reading papers since he was in middle school because it made him so upset. Just so you know, you are definitely not alone.

      Delete

Any comments that are antisemitic, racist, misogynistic, uses foul language or are hateful will not be posted.