Friday, April 19, 2013

Because With the Week We All Just Had You Need to Remember the Beauty of Life

What an awful awful awful week. By Friday, my youngest was just a pile of tears. His para said he couldn't even keep it together during class today, so they walked out, had some soda and went back into ecology. It is times like these that I am thankful for such a caring youngman to help my son deal with his day.

As for the rest of us, we simply need to sit back, take a deep breath and remember the real beauty and treasures that life gives us. It is spring and the flowers have sprung (well some of them anyway). Here are some of the treasures from my own front yard.

My tulip beds are not flowered yet, but you can see the buds are about to open

Second part fo the tulip bed with the forsythia in full bloom



My cherry tree. Similar to the cherry blossoms in Washington DC, but the tree doesn't get as large. Last year we had a robin family that nested in the tree. I don't see them as yet.

We have also planted hyacinths all over the property. They are up and adding color to our yard.



More hyacinths.

Not sure what kind of plant this is. But it greets my guests as the enter my home.

One of the containers at the end of our driveway filled with perennials. Lucky I have a hubby who likes to garden and lets me pick out the flowers. As you can see there is a favorite color scheme going on here. Pinks, purples, and for some whimsy yellow with red. Actually the hubby picked out the yellow ones. He has a great sense of landscape design.





It is so important that we never lose sight of what is most important and we never let those who hate take from us the joys of life.

And of course we also need to remember that during all the death and mayhem in Boston and Texas,  somewhere on planet earth new life was beginning.




Qi en Pace,



Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that are antisemitic, racist, misogynistic, uses foul language or are hateful will not be posted.