Friday, October 18, 2013

Shaken Not Stirred

The perfect cocktail for a fall weekend.

Vodka
Vermouth
Olives

I happen to enjoy a very dry martini. This means you spill vermouth into a very cold glass, spin it around and spill it out. This leaves just the hint of vermouth flavor in the drink. Then add the vodka and the olives. I suppose you might not call this a "martini," but it works for me.








I'm also not partial to a dirty martini because it adds unnecessary salt to the drink. The last thing I need is more water bloat....

I'm also not partial to any fancy martinis either. I like the simple classics.

OK  OK OK, yes a classic martini is actually made with gin, but it seems I am allergic to gin as it numbs my face and I go into a mild form of anaphylaxis...so no... no gin. By the way, same thing happens to me with rum.

I just stick to vodka or tequila.

Cheers, Salud, A la votre sante, L'chaim....


Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that are antisemitic, racist, misogynistic, uses foul language or are hateful will not be posted.